- Through Holy Communion, which means common union with Christ Jesus? It is the New Testament Manna. The following scriptures give us the blessings of the Holy Communion for Christians: John 6: 48-57, 1 Corinthians 11:23-30, and John 15:1-5. In this context, taking the Holy Communion has diverse blessings:
- It guarantee eternity – “I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever” (John 6: 51) and “whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day”, (John 6: 54);
- It guarantee Jesus’s kind of life in our life – “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.”, (John 6: 53), and “he who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him”;
- It is a new testament Manna, spiritual food and drink: “For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed”, (John 6: 55).
- Christians are urged to take the Holy Communion as often as possible. This is reflection 1 Corinthians 11: 26 “for as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till he come”, which means as a Christian wanted to live Christ kind of life on earth and also to ensure eternal life, the Holy Communion must be taken often.
- Is a Christian, however, is in a state of indecision to follow Christ or not, or enjoy living in sin; the Holy Communion is not advisable at all. 1 Corinthians 11: 27, 30 “Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord”, and “for this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.”
- The blood sprinkling: The bible also teaches us that we may sprinkle the blood of Jesus. For this kind of sprinkling, we may pray and change water into the blood of Jesus, and engage it for the purpose we intended for. See Hebrew 9: 19-21, Exodus 12:21-27, 1 Cor. 5:7
Hebrew 9: 19-21
“When Moses had proclaimed every command of the law to all the people, he took the blood of calves, together with water, scarlet wool and branches of hyssop, and sprinkled the scroll and all the people. He said, “This is the blood of the covenant, which God has commanded you to keep.”21 In the same way, he sprinkled with the blood both the tabernacleand everything used in its ceremonies.”
- Engaging the blood by faith. The blood of Jesus is the last ‘red card’ for the enemy. Revelation 12:11, and Exodus 11:1-2.
- No place is found in heaven for the devil because of the blood of Jesus and likewise to your life:
“And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.” Revelation 12:11,
- The blood is the last ‘red card’ for the enemy:
Now the LORD has said to Moses, “I will bring one more plague on Pharaoh and on Egypt. After that, he will let you go from here, and when he does, he will drive you out completely. Speak now in the hearing of the people, and let every man ask from his neighbor, articles of silver and articles of glad”, Exodus 11:1-2
- Blessings bestowed in the blood of Jesus among others:
- Restores, Zech. 9:9-15
- Sanctifies, Heb. 9:13-14
- Protects, Ex.12:13
- Guarantee peace, Col. 1:20
I thank you Jesus for your blood!